Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sayonara Concert

UPDATE: Videos are now posted at the bottom.

Last night I sang and played the flute & guitar (not all at the same time, haha) in a farewell concert that Kenji, my guitar teacher, organized.

My friend who owns a shop just outside my apartment couldn't attend the concert, so yesterday afternoon I played a little private concert for her and a few shoppers. It was a good warm-up practice for me, and she seemed to enjoy it and even wrote in her blog about how the song "Tegami" brought tears to her eyes.

On the flyers that Kenji's printing company made, the concert was called "Dana on Stage with Friends."

The friends who performed were: Gary, Adam, Lee, the small church choir, Mr. and Mrs. Onodera, Hideto and Kenji.

Here are a few photos I took:


Gary playing the flute beautifully. :) Beside him is a poster of the program.

Adam (right) is also taking guitar lessons from Kenji. Last night was his guitar debut!

Jon, Georgia, Kenji and me with a poster that Kenji made for the concert.

Here are a few videos of some of the performances:








"Arigatou gozaimasu!" :) ("Thank you.")

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Daaayna,
You have a beautiful voice! I just love to hear you sing! I am not going to lie sometimes I go to Youtube and search songs you have sang just to hear you sing again!