Thursday, March 19, 2009

A new 'do

Change can be good. :)

With the change of seasons (hallelujah, it's spring!!), I was ready for a hairstyle change, too.

So I went with my friend, Ayaka, to the place where she gets her hair cut. I've never had someone who doesn't speak English cut my hair, so I figured this could be interesting. I wasn't sure what to expect. But I'm happy with how it turned out!

Here are the before and after pictures...


I'm not so sure about the bangs, which is why I pinned them back. I didn't ask for bangs. When the scissors snipped away my hair in the front, I thought, Oh ok, I guess I have bangs now. Umm...cool. Whatever.

I was loving her skirt, by the way. :) I also adored the nice scalp massage I got as part of the shampooing!

Immediately after the cut, Ayaka and I went to Crepe House Sweets to show off my new 'do, haha. The super sweet crepe lady practically squealed, "Kawaiiiiiii!!" (Kawaii means cute, so that was a good sign!) The customers--all girls--joined in with "Kawaiii!" There was one guy in the place, but I think all the girly "hair talk" scared him off! Poor guy.

Ok, that's enough "hair talk." Enjoy the nice, spring weather!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

If it wasn't for the bangs, we practically got the same hair cut - LOL - that's funny. I always get mine cut in the spring - just had it done a little earlier so I'd have a nice new haircut before vacation. Thanks for the info on the cup.

Anonymous said...

Daaayna,
I absoultly love your hair!!! You look so cute!!! Not like you didn't before LOL!!! Good choice on the style!!!!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Kawaii... very cute!!! I am getting my hair cut in May! I can't wait. I straightened my hair a while back and got lots of funny reactions. I can't wait until the next reactions in May. I love it!

Anonymous said...

You're beautiful in any haircut, Dana! Love you!

Stacie Ruth said...

It's Stacie who left the "anonymous" comment. I'm still sorta sick I guess. Sorry for the anonymity!! :o)

Ariel T said...

Hey Sweetie, you look so adorable in your haircut....love the way you pin up your fringe. You look Kawaii!! Yup, you're right, change can be a good thing. I admire your courage!

Wendy City said...

Cute hair!! I am loving it short!

Wendy City said...

Oh, and I thought I'd add that if they cut bangs on me I would have freaked out...all the Korean women here have bangs but it just does not suit my face!! :)

I admire your courage!!