Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..."

I've already begun listening to Christmas music.

It just feels like the right thing to do.

There's a nice white dusting over everything since it has sprinkled snow for two days in a row! (I had winter tires put on my car on Tuesday, just in time.)
The first snowfall of the season is really great because it makes the trees look beautiful, but doesn't stick to the road. :)


Yesterday, I noticed a pine tree near my apartment that has blue lights strung on it. And there's a shop down the street with a Christmas display in the window! With snow on the ground and holiday decorations going up around me, it truly is "beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!"

So after I cranked up the heat in my car this morning, I decided it was time to crank up the Christmas music. I put in the tape "Christmas Party Mix," ready for my Christmas party on wheels.

And my, was it entertaining! Do you remember the song "Macarena"? The dance was all the rage when I was in fifth grade, so it's been a while.

Anyway...

Wouldn't you know that every single song on the Christmas tape was set to the beat of "Macarena" -- including the song "Silent Night," which is just wrong. And then "Macarena" would play after each funky Christmas song. It was almost too much. Even for me! But it made me laugh, and it also made me eager to listen to the true tunes
!

I usually wait until after Thanksgiving to start listening to Christmas music. But since I celebrated Thanksgiving with the other ALT's last Saturday, it feels like the holiday season has officially begun. I'm totally okay with starting "the most wonderful time of the year" a week early.


In fact, I may even decorate my apartment for Christmas tonight. "Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la la la...

...Hey Macarena!!"
;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daaayna,
I have begun listening to Christmas music too! It has been on the radio for the past week! Do you have to buy stuff to decorate with or do you already have stuff? You should take pictures of your decorated appartment!
Love you!

Dawn said...

Hope to see pictures of your decorated apartment. I need to take some of our place here and put them up on facebook - we started decorating two days after Halloween and just finished last weekend (if we don't buy more - LOL). I'm not into Christmas music yet - give me til Thanksgiving. Anyways, hope Christmas there is as good as Christmas here.