Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Go Japan!

It was the loudest and most spirited I've ever seen Japanese people be. The place was packed--standing room only--with most people wearing soccer jerseys.

I wouldn't consider myself a huge soccer fan, and I'm definitely not hardcore enough be up in the middle of the night to watch World Cup games. But the 8 p.m. Japan vs. Holland game on Saturday night was a lot of fun to watch.

Or, more accurately, the fans of the game were a lot of fun to watch.

They would hoot and holler every single time a Japanese player got possession of the ball. If the ball got anywhere close to the goal, everyone went crazy. I can't imagine how berserk they would have been if Japan had scored!

Despite Japan losing to Holland 0-1, it was a good weekend in Morioka, starting with a cookout Saturday afternoon with other ALTs.

It DUMPED rain, bringing an abrupt end to the gathering, until we all met up again in the evening for dinner and the game.

And now, I'd like to share some pictures I took a few days ago of some really pretty flowers I passed by on my way back from a meeting at Kuji Elementary School...


Me being a stalker in the bushes to get these shots of a high school couple holding hands! (It's very rare to see people holding hands in public here.)


I love these unique purple flowers!

Hello, little あり ("ari"= ant).


Well, the long journey home for Derek's wedding begins tomorrow night, and I am SO EXCITED!! (about being home & the wedding, not so much the long trip.) Can't wait to hug my family!!! Ahhh! :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Daaayna,
These pictures are amazing! I want to print them out and hang them up at my house, you are such an amazing photographer!