Thursday, June 10, 2010

"I'm walking on sunshine..."

We've had some beautiful weather so far this month, and you'd better believe I've taken advantage of it! (The rainy season is due here soon, but I don't want to talk about that.)

So anyway, yeah...
Nice days make for nice photos. :) Here are a couple of shots I took of the Kuji coast, on my way to Misaki Jr. High...

I've gotten really use to the beautiful ocean (and non-ocean) views here, but I try not to take them for granted.


Does anyone else see a face side profile in this rock? See the nose sticking out? Makes me think of the famous stone heads of Easter Island.

I've been spending as much time as possible outside -- reading in the park, going for walks and riding my bike.

I took this photo of my bike to show off the lovely bluuuuue sky!

In other, non-weather news...
  • I attended a shamisen concert for the first time on Saturday evening. A shamisen is a traditional, stringed Japanese instrument. Check it out...

  • Yesterday, my friend Liz left Japan. I miss my neighbor, co-worker and fellow Franklin ALT. We had a goodbye party for her on Friday night with the Board of Education, and a party for her on Monday night with friends. Liz is now home in Chicago, but at the end of the month she is going to Uganda to volunteer. I'm so excited for her!

  • I'm also excited for my friend and fellow ALT, Alana, who recently opened her own online store! She's selling all different kinds of Hello Kitty & other super cute cat merchandise. Click here to check out her store, Cats Say Nyan. I also recommend her blog: http://www.alanagreen.blogspot.com.
That's all for now. I'm getting off the computer to go outside! :)

No comments: