Monday, September 14, 2009

"Let's get together and feel all right..."

Hanging out with friends, eating good food and jamming to music were the three main themes from my weekend.

Those are pretty much major themes of my life, but anyway...

The weekend kicked off with celebrating Oliver's birthday at the classy Italian restaurant just around the corner from my apartment, followed by a couple of crazy hours of karaoke.

The gang at dinner. I think this might be Georgia's first appearance on my blog -- she replaced Jemma in Noda (about 20 minutes away from Kuji) and is on the right side of the picture.

Yumyumyum. :)

Goofy picture from karaoke, haha.

On Saturday night, I went to a hole-in-the-wall reggae bar and really enjoyed listening to a husband & wife peform. He played the guitar the whole time, and she played all kinds of random instruments. Check 'em out...



I don't usually listen to reggae, but I've been diggin' it lately. :) (In fact, as I write this I've got Bob Marley serenading me.)

Group picture after the concert.

On Sunday, I had an eikawa at Kenji's office. Since Georgia is new to the conversation class, she gave a self-introduction and talked all about her hometown in New Zealand. (I am totally convinced that I NEED to go to New Zealand since everyone I've met from there is so cool, and it sounds and looks absolutely lovely.) As always, lunch after the eikawa was deeelicious...


I love yakisoba! {and green tea & miso soup}

After the eikawa, you'll never guess what I did. I went to yet another concert. It was at Tamaya, the rustic bed & breakfasty place I went to last weekend. Here's a little snippet of a percussion group that had me wigglin' the whole time...




Reggae-style hair! Groovy.

During the concert, I made it my mission to get a picture of the cutest little girl EVER! (I know, I know, that sounds familiar.) She didn't make it easy on me to get this photo, that's for sure...

"Kawaiii!" (Cute!!)

That's all for now. Peace out!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Seems like you have been getting around to going to a lot of music. You seriously are turning Japanese by the food choices - LOL - never figured you'd learn to love green tea.

Lauren said...

Daaayna,
What a surprise that your blog involves music and food ha ha! Looks like you had a great weekend!!! Have a great week!!!!

Ariel T said...

It seems more like "Let's get together and FEEL GREAT" instead of just "all right", haha. Seems like you had a great time!! I admit I was a little jealous reading about your great time in Japan. I have been trying to find things to do and entertain myself here in Indiana. Maybe I should make more crazy friends like yours, haha.