Sunday, October 11, 2009

Since I didn't climb the mountain...

I've had a relaxing weekend in Ninohe instead. :)

When I first came to Japan, I heard about the "Tomb of Christ" that's here. I've been intrigued ever since.

The "tomb" is about 45 minutes away from Ninohe, and had the opportunity to go check it out yesterday.

Here's the supposed story of Christ -- and his Japanese brother, Isukiri -- that's beside the tomb...

And here's what I think of that story...

Not buying it. Very interesting though.

Today (Sunday) I went to a festival at one Jarlath's schools. I was extremely impressed by the artistic talent of his students. Here's one of the ninensei high school (11th grade) girls next to her painting...

It's hard to see, but the detail of the squirrel on the right side is amazing!

In addition to lots of artwork and crafts on display, there was a tea ceremony, palm reading, food for sale, and a room full of balloons...

I wish I could say that I made this balloon hat, but I didn't.

Well, peace out for now!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Daaayna,
Looks like you had a fun weekend, even though you did not climb the mountain!!! It was so much fun to talk to you and Jarlath the other day!!!!
Ai Shiteru

Japan-a-lana said...

That tomb of Christ stuff make me angry. I don't like blatant lies about Jesus to make your city a tourist trap. Just do what every town in Canada does: build an obscenely large replica of something. Blueberry, dinosaur, lumberjack...it really doesn't matter.