Tuesday, July 15, 2008

An Update...

on where I've been and what I've been doing the last couple weeks since I haven't written.

I got back from family vacation a few days ago. We drove over 2,200 miles and through seven states--not including Indiana. So now we're closer to our family goal of being in all 50 states. (Five of the seven states were new ones for us.)

I always enjoy going to new places and doing new things. And of course, I love a good adventure! Some of our adventures were: going to a battlefield in Mississippi, visitng a Native American museum in Oklahoma, digging for diamonds in Arkansas, visitng Hot Springs and ending up in Branson, Mo., which was an adventure in itself!


There are a lot of different shows and restaurants to choose from in Branson. One of the highlights for me was going to The Roy Rogers - Dale Evans Museum with my dad and seeing a show there. It was exciting to meet Roy Rogers' son and grandson and hear them sing! I realize that last sentence probably doesn't mean a thing to most people my age, but I grew up watching Roy Rogers and his horse Trigger. (That's what you get for having a dad who's into cowboy shows!)

As a family, we saw the Shanghai Circus and the Jim Stafford show. The circus was amazing because the young Chinese acrobats could move their bodies in all kinds of crazy ways and do incredible things! Jim Stafford was hilarious and entertaining, and I think everyone had a lot of fun. I really liked the shows, plus Silver Dollar City, the amusement park we went to in Branson the next day.


Overall, I enjoyed spending time with my family, which is something I won't be able to do for a while. I'm going to add pictures from vacation to this post a little later.

Also as part of the update...

I now have my work visa for Japan, my international drivers permit, and I pick up my new laptop tomorrow! I took care of all these things the week before I left for vacation. While on vacation, I had several hours in the car to think about Japan and get myself psyched.

So I'm getting ready and set for my grand adventure, and I'm excited to go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daaayna,
I am so glad that you had a good time with your family! Sounds like you did many intersting things and I can not wait to hear about them when you come here on Thursday!

It's crazy to think that you are less than a month away from your departure. I am glad that you are getting excited that always makes things so much better!
Love you!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you were able to take a vacation with your family. I recently took one with Sam and his son to Buffalo and it was amazing! I loved it and was ready for some time away.

Amanda said...

Ready....Set...(You are NOT going yet). I'm soo excited for you and your adventure!