Sunday, September 19, 2010

What's the craic?

Translation = What's up!?

This is where I'm staying--Jarlath's parents' home in Strabane, Northern Ireland.

Since I arrived three days ago, I've been busy exploring the territory and meeting Jarlath's friends and family left and right.

And I met the biggest pig in Ireland, too...

Touch his left ear for good luck. :)

The weather is the only thing that hasn't been lovely so far. (As you can see from the above picture, it's quite wet here. And chilly. But I was warned that it would be, so I was prepared.)

Here's the view overlooking Strabane...
And this is what the landscape of Ireland looks like on a beautiful day...

Yesterday, Jarlath and I went to the community center (where this photo was taken) for a special event of music and free scones & tea. I've had more scones in the last three days than I have in the last three years! haha

Anyway, here's a "wee" video I took yesterday...




Today has been a relaxing day--especially compared to yesterday, when we were running around all over the place! The rain let up in the afternoon so were able to go out for a nature walk...

I'm looking forward to wherever the path might lead us tomorrow... :)

3 comments:

claire brakel said...

Dana! Looks beautiful. Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to read more! I miss you.

Take care, friend.

Lauren said...

Daaayna,
I am glad you are having a good time and I am glad you are back to writing blogs, I have missed them!!!
I love your outfit in that picture!!! Tell Jarlath hi for me!!!
Love and miss you lots!!!

Japan-a-lana said...

I am glad you two are having some low key fun! Enjoy the scones for me! Love from Japan!!