Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Some more flower photos to share

After all, 'tis the season, and I've taken a lot of pictures of budding beauties in recent days. :)

Last week, I took a lovely nighttime stroll in the park behind my apartment. Lights were shining on all the cherry blossom trees, illuminating the petals. I tried my best to catch the beauty on camera...

The entrance up to the park, which sits on a hill overlooking Kuji.



"Kirei desu, ne?" (Pretty, huh?)

Here are a couple of non-flower photos from Golden Week...

May 5th--in addition to being Cinco de Mayo--was Children's Day in Japan. I wrote last year about seeing "fish flags" (more specifically, carp flags) for the holiday last year. I saw just as many this year, including some fish flag artwork at one of my schools...

And to end on a flower note, this is a picture I took today on my way to Yamane Jr. High. The bright pink really stood out on such a rainy, dreary day...

I'm also including this picture to show you a grass roof building in the country. I don't see these too often, but they're definitely fascinating. (and cold inside, I'm sure!)

That's all for now. Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Ahhh isn't it so nice that it's finally spring!? Hooray!

Lauren said...

Daaayna,
Maybe when you are done with Japan you should travel the world taking pictures?