Friday, January 22, 2010

Part 4: Vietnam

I miss the beach of Mui Ne, Vietnam. I really do.

As I was curled up next to my kerosene heater last night going through pictures to put on this blog (I upload photos before I do any writing), I couldn't help but think, "I want to go back! And I'm ready right now."

Vietnam was definitely the most relaxing part of the trip. I enjoyed swimming, walking along the beach, getting cheap massages, and just taking it easy.

The photos I took were mostly landscape shots, in an attempt to capture on camera my gorgeous surroundings. I especially loved the sunrises and sunsets and have several pictures of both. Here are a few of my favorites...


So many people out fishing at 6 a.m.!

~Peace~ful sunrise

The sunsets were just as gorgeous. :)

As a sidenote: Today at Samuraihama E.S., the teachers were asking about my trip, so I logged on to a computer and scrolled through my blog to show them some pictures. One of the teachers asked me if she could print the sunrise/sunset pictures from this post, which I thought was pretty cool. :)

In addition to relaxing, we also did some sightseeing. One day we rented motorbikes and rode along the coast.

Another day we took a jeep to see the sand dunes, and along the way we passed this fishing port.

At the sand dunes, I felt like I was in a totally different country.

This really shallow stream led us to a small waterfall.

Another thing I really liked about Vietnam was the cheap & delicious food! Only $3 (about 60,000 Vietnamese dong), could buy you dinner, including a drink. None of the food I ate in Vietnam was spicy; a typical meal was some kind of stir-fry or noodle dish.

Enjoying some kiwi ice cream :)

Overall, it was a great trip made up of four very different parts. I didn't like being away from home for the holidays, but I had fun traveling around southeast Asia.

NOT to be continued. The End. :)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Lovely photos...just getting caught up on your blog. Chris is time consuming with a broken leg. Sorry for lack of comments though.

Lauren said...

Daaayna,
those pictures are so pretty! They look like postcards!!! Can't wait to hear about your sking trip!