Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas outside the classrooms

Last time I wrote about doing Christmas lessons at the elementary and junior high schools.

But I've been spreading some holiday cheer in other ways, too. :)

Last Saturday, Harriet and I made our monthly preschool visit, where we played a few simple Christmas games and some coloring...


Each child traced his/her hand on a piece of green construction paper, and we made a wreath out of them...

...which I thought turned out quite nicely. :)

On Tuesday night, I had a little Christmas gathering at my apartment for members of my Japanese dance team -- just like I did last year.

This is what your entryway looks like when you have a party in Japan. A shoe convention!

Ayaka walked in carrying a gorgeous gingerbread house, and of course I had to get pictures...


Almost too pretty to eat! Almost.

Saya and Ayaka -- two of my sweetest Japanese friends -- eating sweets. :)

About an hour after the party was over I got the following text (in English!) from Saya...

Thank you today. I was very happy. Thank you for a good memory today. The encounter with you is a treasure. I love you.

Aww. :) What a sweetheart!

On Wednesday night, I had a "let's celebrate the end of the year" dinner with my English conversation class, and afterwards we went to karaoke and sang a bunch of Christmas songs...


And tonight, Liz is having a Christmas dinner at her place, and afterwards we're doing Christmas karaoke!

I'm looking forward to belting out Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You."
Oh yeah. :)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Daaayna,
It looks like you have been having lots of fun!!! I have been singing that Mariah Carey song about everyday since Thanksgiving, I just love that song!!!
Ai Shiteru!!!!

Dawn said...

The gingerbread house was too cute. I thought about buying a kit and making one - but I know I would have given up and eaten it just out of the box out of frustration. We did just did make a lot of fudge - a 8x8 pan full. I'd so mail ya some but it would be bad before it got there.

Japan-a-lana said...

Glad you are soaking up some Christmas fun. I am trying my best to do the same. It's not home for the holidays, but it'll do. Is your preschool thing part of work? Or a side-job? or volunteer? Just curious.