Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Fair"well, Indiana

It's my last day in the U.S. (for a while, anyway.)

I just woke up with that sudden realization, which was followed by another shocking thought -- I'm really moving to Japan...tomorrow!!

I can't think of a better way to spend my final day (goodness, it sounds like I'm dying!) than at the Indiana State Fair with family and friends. Afterall, I love the fair. I love the sights, the smells, the tastes and the fun atmosphere.

It's fun for me to show off the fair to friends who have never been there before (gasp!), which I'm going to do today. Of course, it's also fun to hang out with friends who have been there several times, like Adrienne, who I will miss seeing this year.

I'm proud of our state fair. I've been to every single day of the fair for the last four years because I've worked there doing different jobs, including a publicity internship last year. I feel like I'm still doing publicity work for the fair with this blog post, haha. What can I say? It just comes naturally!

But anyway, I'm excited that I didn't have to completely miss the fair this year. And I'm still excited about going to Japan, but of course there are lots of other emotions about the big move, especially since it's so close! It just seems surreal that I'm moving to Japan tomorrow because it's come so quickly. I guess time flies when you're having fun!

It's been a fun summer, and I believe I'm as ready as I'm going to get for the next (hopefully fun!) phase of my life. Thank you so much for your prayers, and I'll update you as soon as I'm able to in Kuji. God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daaayna,
I hope you are having a safe trip to Japan! I am so glad I could spend your last day in the country with you!
LOVE YOU

Unknown said...

Hey there, my love!!

I hope and pray you are almost there or have arrived safely. I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear from you again!!
Love always!!!