Monday, February 21, 2011

A good kind of craziness!

Sooo...two weeks from this very moment, I will be on my way across the world to join 400 other Christians--from all different countries--to live/work/serve on a ship for three months.

I feel like I have to keep repeating that sentence out loud because I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this idea!!

I've had plenty of time to think about this ministry since it's been nearly two years ago when I first found out about it from a friend. But it wasn't until a couple of months ago that I started seriously considering it, and it wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that it became a reality.

I feel the same way I did when I was preparing to move to Japan--so excited and grateful for the opportunity, but also kind of nervous because of the unknowns!

I got a wonderful packet of information from Operation Mobilization--the organization that I'll be serving through. I'm very impressed by the organization of this organization, (hehe) and it's been a pleasure working with them so far as I prepare for this missions experience.

I learned from the packet that anyone wishing to support this ministry can do so by making a check payable to Operation Mobilization and sending it to

OM USA
P.O. Box 444
Tyrone, GA 30290

If you write "Dana -- 2287937" in the memo, your donation will go into my account. I very much appreciate the financial support, as well as prayer support of course!

The envelope I received from OM included a devotional journal to help me prepare for this experience, as well as devotions for when I return home, which I think is really great and helpful.

I've been doing a lot of praying/thinking, and at some point--not tonight because it's late and I'm getting tired--I may write my thoughts here. (You might notice that I've deleted the link to my more personal blog "Keep Shining" from the right side. The blog still exists, but will remain inactive since I'll just be updating this blog.) :)


Tomorrow morning I'm getting up early to meet my dear friend Sarah Fehrman for breakfast, and then going to get a typhoid shot in preparation for the trip. (I've never had one of those before.)

So I'm getting ready for this 3-month adventure--mentally, spritually and physically. It's crazy, but it's a good kind of crazy. :)

No comments: